Here’s the thing about motivation: It requires constant renewal to be effective.
It’s not enough to just get motivated for one workout, one well-balanced meal, or one meditation session. Pushing past plateaus and accomplishing goals require that we get motivated every single day — to lace up those shoes again, to grab an apple instead of chips again, to refill your water bottle again.
Finding that day-to-day motivation isn’t always easy. Maybe you recently started a new workout but you’re having difficulty sticking with it. Maybe the winter weather is zapping your mojo. Maybe you just don’t feel like working out.
Whenever you feel like your daily motivation is waning, these wise words and helpful mantras can give you an extra boost.
1. “The pain you feel today will be the strength you feel tomorrow.” —Unknown
MTVT U via Pinterest
2. “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” —Will Rogers
Arya Rose via Pinterest
3. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” —Will Durant
4. “Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.” —Alice Morse Earle
Woman’s Day via Pinterest
5. “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” —Franklin D. Roosevelt
6. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing — that’s why we recommend it daily.” —Zig Ziglar
7. “A year from now you will wish you had started today.” —Karen Lamb
8. “What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.” —Ralph Marston
9. “If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.” —H.G. Wells
10. “The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.” —H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
11. “You’re only one workout away from a good mood.” —Unknown
12. “Either you run the day, or the day runs you.” —Jim Rohn
13. “Do something uncomfortable today. By stepping out of your box, you don’t have to settle for what you are — you get to create who you want to become.” —Howard Walstein
14. “Live today. Not yesterday. Not tomorrow. Just today. Inhabit your moments. Don’t rent them out to tomorrow.” —Jerry Spinelli
The Boiler Installation Specialists Ltd via Pinterest
15. “This is a wonderful day. I have never seen this one before.” —Maya Angelou
16. “Always ask yourself if what you are doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow.” —Paulo Coelho
17. “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow. Don’t give up.” —Robert Tew
18. “Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!” —Dr. Seuss
Skip to my Lou via Pinterest
19. “Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.” —Jerry Rice
20. “Never do tomorrow what you can do today. Procrastination is the thief of time.” —Charles Dickens
21. “Today is another chance to get better.” —Unknown
22. “Don’t count the days. Make the days count.” —Muhammad Ali
23. “Do something today that your future self will thank you for.” —Unknown
24. “Light tomorrow with today.” —Elizabeth Barrett Browning